Friday, January 26, 2007

What does sex mean to you?

Woman are always found saying, “all what men have on their mind is sex”

I am not going to debate on if it is true or not, or is it right or wrong. Who am I to pass a judgment? I can only share my views on it…

A recent survey in Australia came out with a result, saying 80% of men were willing to forego sex for a month if they were assured win in Ashes. A sports crazy India, will follow any triangular series be it one day or test series, India or no India, one will choose a team and be with them. Well, if we were to follow the rule Ausies talked about, looking at the cricket season of 10 to 11 months a year, leaves us with 1 to 2 months, and thanks to athletics, PHL, and god knows what all, not sure if one will get any share of 'other' sport…and then we say guys want it all the time.

I was at dinner with my colleagues when one of them tasted a dish and said “it is too good, just like sex” and I went like what??? Is that all what sex mean to men? Or is it that they have it so much that it is nothing but food for them, the bottom line is, they are able to compare it to some well cooked veggies.

If a couple sleep together for the first time, typically the guy will talk about it in his group for a day or two, boast about his latest girl and then move on to discuss the latest Formula 1 race. Let’s see how the girl’s next few days will look like. You will find her smiling all the time, eating, bathing, walking, sleeping, working, practically doing anything, all day long the smile will not leave her face. Before sleeping, she will play the sequence of that day again and again in her mind, close her eyes and try to feel his hands again on all the places he had touched…trust me this can go on for weeks...and then we say - it is men who have it on their minds all the time.

Just a few days back I was talking to a friend when he said don’t know why girls pay so much importance to the first date, first gift, first kiss etc…, I was wondering, my friend being a bachelor under 30, gives no importance to these intimate moments and me being married and in love with my partner probably ever since I grew up, still prepare for his return from his trips and hope for sparkly moments, if they happen I treasure them, and if they don’t, I go heart broken…how can we say that “guys” are the ones possessed by these thoughts?

Spy on to a girlie group in a cozy corner, 8 out of 10 times they will be discussing guys and their "thing"...talk about sizes, moves and what not... trust me the level they can go down to is filth...I am sure guys do it too but they talk about it laugh it out and next thing - they will be philosophizing about life or planning a trip they had been wanting to take for a long time, walk into the girly group, even after 4 hours they will be giggling endlessly as if guys and their “thing” is the only life these girls have…

Don’t get me wrong, I know guys are no saints and they too have an evil mind. Nowhere am I trying to imply that men do not think about sex, they better do…but women are no less, if not more they are equal…but they will die before admitting it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Pleasantly surprised by your writing talent, though I did not have any expectations from it before I started reading it.

And regarding the topic, I feel gender doesn't fit in here.
There can be girls and there can be guys who always have sex on their mind. I truely feel it just cannot be generalised, though I would say its 51% for men and 49% for women.

Pranav G said...

I am happy to hear that women too talk about sex but I am equally surprised to know that they talk about it more than we do.

just pk said...

@ pranav - if u did not know this already trust me you are in for many more surprises in life...

Pranav G said...

Yea dats true.