Friday, September 14, 2007

speak up...

not once but many a times it has happened that i have this great idea in my mind that i want to share, waiting for the right time to come..blah blah blah and before i know someone else has spoken about it...

in discussions when all are breaking heads for a solution , i may have an idea in my mind, but it sounds so stupid coz it sounds so basic...in fear of making a fool of myself ... i keep shut...and surprise surprise ... though basic...my solution was bang on!!! once again spoken by someone else...

my husband always tells me...most of the complex problem have simple solutions...but people are so fixed on solving complexity that they miss out the obvious...

so

lesson learnt - i will always speak up...

1 comment:

Deepali said...

I once read this reallyyyyyyy horrible novel - wasted some 8 - 10 hours of my life on it (that BAD), but a line from that book alway stayed with me and I only understood it's true meaning later - 'if you want to succeed, you must be willing to make a fool of yourself'.

What usually help though is that you try and then get 'thumbs up' from all around. What sucks is when you are brave and jump but then only land up flat on your face. But if you aren't willing to make a fool of yourself (which may not even happen), you can't succeed.