Monday, April 13, 2009

life of 20 somethings...

last week i had spent lot of time, rather some time with lot of people of 20 somethings...the 20 somethings live in a totally different world, different priorities . yeah once i was that too, but now when i look back, feels like such a journey.

my 20 something girlfriends could only think about the choices they had to wear to the next party they were off to, what to reveal and what to hide, which party to go to from the choices they had, what moves they can make with the guys this time. the weekends for them arrive not for relaxing and finish the unfinished tasks of the week, but for getting sloshed, making out and making the most of it by staying outdoors all night long. The guys i met live pretty much similar life, though i did not know their complete itinerary but from what i understood, their weekends are no different, if anything must be wilder...

i was on this trip some years back, yeah have been there and loved it, and thought that is how life is meant to be...so live it ...which i happily did. But somehow i never knew when and how the tracks got changed, the transition was so gradual and natural that i did not feel it happen, and one fine day i realized that i was in that space no more, surprisingly i didn't long to be there or miss it...contrary to my belief then, that 'it was the only way to live'... now i guess i was reading different definitions...

after a long days work i now want to come back home to be comfortable, read a book, share time with spouse, watch TV or write (always a welcome thought) :) life changes ... it takes its own course, it has its own ways.

so i guess it is time for these kids to party and they should...coz one day without their knowledge tracks will change for them too...

till then, while things are the way they are for them...

...let kids have all the fun...

8 comments:

Cosmic Joy said...

Thanks for understanding us kids .. We all need more aunties like you :P

Not to digress, what you have said in this post is very true. Middle age arrives when you least expect it. Though there are some of us in that age that never let go of the child within us :)

s said...

looks like some feels old!!! ...
theres a class to each age...
enjoy that...:)

I always say that the most happening average age of this year is my age :)

just pk said...

@ cosmic - :) remember aunty was once there too ha ha

i agree...it just steps in as such a natural process that you dont even know...and YES...you should never let the child in us go...

@ S - naah it is not at all abt feeling old...infact more i meet them, more i understand what our parents use to tell us when we were that age...but then in our minds then 'we knew it all'...i sincerely hope that the youngsters become a bit more responsible (i dont mean responsibilities tho)and not land into trouble with their excessive drinking and doping etc

Anks said...

Well... looks like you just matured... :)

Navrang said...

Hey Pk...

You said it right.... it happens very naturally. But I wonder why I was not there & you know I realized it offlate when I reached in 30s... ;-)

Very honestly, now when I'm in 30's I want to enjoy that 20.... Though no doubt I have enjoyed a lot those days, but yes, in some different fashion...

Anyway, would definitly tell all 20's people to really enjoy a lot, but be careful... ;-)

Regards
Navrang
http://navrangblog.blogspot.com
http://pagal-pan.blogspot.com

just pk said...

@ anks - mature what is that? i just grew in age :)

@ navrang - dont miss it and spoil what u have today...where you are is another fun place...so enjoy it in its own way !!!

Deepali said...

Damn you know a lot of wild people :) I have very few friends like that. I guess that's why I am friends with those people.

Never understood the excessive 'drinking and doping' (or even moderate for that matter) or partying etc. Just not my kind of thing I guess. Lets hope I am not doing in my 20s what people do in their 30s which is why I'll do in my 30s what people do in their 20s. Haha naah I doubt that will ever happen.

just pk said...

@ Deepali - I do know a few…and once upon a time was one myself – but surely never went overboard and knew my limits !!!

I hope you do become like 20 something in 30…will be fun to be around :)