Saturday, May 09, 2009

Those who touch my heart...

At times you get along with people who are so similar to you as if looking into the mirror, and other times you get attracted to someone who is totally unlike you, as if standing on opposite poles. Is there any logic to that? I don’t think so…

I met whole lot of people yesterday, people I did not know too well. During the evening I got to know some … just being with them got me thinking, how different is one person from another…God has made us all so unique and i will remember all of them...but for totally different reasons.

Some for their carefree self, some for the silent sober self, some jovial, some classy, some fun, intelligent, and some – for no reason in particular, but just the fact that they touched my heart.

I am intrigued by the last category – as I wonder why that happens. It is easy to understand about the others, if I am a fun person, I would have fun with the fun loving one, if I am an introvert – I might sit next to the silent person and probably philosophize about life, crack jokes with the funny counterpart but how do I know, why someone touched me for no reason at all? I was thinking about it and could get no answer…I tried to analyze it too, similarities between us? differences, likings, disliking, thinking? ... I also tried coming out with the age old theory of "Aura" :) … may be that had some role to play…but how will aura talk when we don’t meet ?…I was bombed. I had no answer there. As no matter how many queries I ran in my mind to get the answer - I got none…

But it happens – I am sure it happens with you too. There are few friends of mine whom I love from the word go…why? I am not sure. I may or may not be in regular touch with them, but I always - always think of them fondly, and will keep doing so – we may not share similar views, tastes, lives etc but – I still hold them so close to me – as they are the ones who for no reason I can think of - simply touched my heart.

I give up my struggle to look for the answer here. And quietly accept the fact that there will always be some people, like the one I met y'day and my friends I mentioned, who for no reason that I can understand – will simply come in my life and touch my heart – I treasure them all !!!

3 comments:

bharat chandran said...

Pk, whatever you have mentioned here is 'Very True'. Even I get intrigued with similar thoughts and in most occasions I conclude telling myself to ‘accept the unknown’. There might be several things in life for which we can’t arrive at a reason or logic to sum up. All we might need to do is just to accept it and go with it!

Deepali said...

Well something you can never put a finger on :)
Of course I am sure there is a logic but I guess it just eludes you...

just pk said...

@ Bharat -true - but i still try to figure out the why's behind it...have failed so long...

@ D - do let me know if you ever crack the logic...